Tuesday 26 April 2011

Update from World MX 1 Motocross Champion Tony Cairoli

Tony Cairoli hurt his knee in the first round of the 2011 World Motocross Championships in Bulgaria during the first MX1 race. The four-time World MX Champion turned the same knee that he injured in 2008. He did finish the race in seventh position, and took 10th position in the second race.

Jeffrey Herlings, Ken Roczen, Tony Cairoli, and Ken de Dycker

Although you could visibly see while riding that Tony was in pain and not riding like he normally does, he soldiered on to get points in each moto - very important in a long season.

Tony says, "After two laps I turned the knee. I felt a sharp pain, but I continued in that race and finished seventh. In the second race I had a better start but David Philippaerts crashed in front of me in the first corner and I once again I started from the back of the pack. I made up some good positions, but it was not easy to pass on this track and I couldn't climb farther than a tenth position.

Source: http://www.supercross.com/news/update-from-world-mx-1-motocross-champion-tony-cairoli

Erik Eggens Richard Eierstedt Jimmy Ellis Jeff Emig

No comments:

Post a Comment